Thursday, September 24, 2009

For lack of my own creative thinking, I'd like to cite something cool and inspiring. Leave it to the NY Times to provide just that with an article on Coco Chanel as a "post-feminist." Whatever that even means.. I just thought she was fantastic, and this quote in particular resonated with me:

“She never knows what is going to happen next and she has no protection, so she must fight against her destiny and create a new way not just to dress, but to be.”

Wow, you mean even the most fabulous woman ever had to fight tooth and nail to get there? Well then surely anyone can do the same, right?

In other news, my new job is great! My boss is a little crazy, but some of the people who come in are fantastic. The other night a lady dropped $600 on stuff she'd be wearing on a trip to New York City, and guess who gets comission! *ding ding ding me!*)

I'm also inspired today by the unabashed off-the-wall-ness of quirky London fashion, courtesy of one of my *favorite* blogs, The Sartorialist. No regard for convention, how things are "supposed to look" in order to look good. It's crazy, and crazy refreshing.


I think my favorite part of this is the leggings. So unique! And I didn't know you could layer leggings! What will they think to layer next! Bras? Shoes? They already got to everything else!


Anyway, in my own bout of craziness, I purchased the following:

I love it.. but hope it doesn't make me look like I'm wearing a Halloween costume.. I'll let you know when I try it out!

Hrm Hrm... That's all for now.. Love you all!

No comments: