Wednesday, March 4, 2009

So I've been really up and down emotionally lately. I just got a job with a really big name bank that got bailed out last year (I'd put the name on here but I don't want to come up on a Google search). It'll be for a year, and I'll be the supervisor for people who call clients and verify loans with them. So for a year I'll be making more money than I've ever seen in my life.

I'm so overwhelmed I can't see straight.

The Pros:
-Not having to worry about money, obviously
-Having something productive to do during the day
-Being able to buy freaking cute Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters dresses and have a place to wear them.
-Feeling like I have some purpose being in DC, even if it's super random

The Cons
-The hours. I'm used to working nights.
-The responsibility. I've never been in a "lead position" before and I'm more than kind of scared.
-The commitment. I don't know yet about personal days, but what if I can't have any? Will I really go a year without daylight?!?

So as you can see the pros outweigh the cons. That's good at least.

I'll update more later.

No comments: